Saturday 19 September 2009

The man in the navy uniform hangs around the village...

The man in the navy uniform hangs around the village. We notice these things. No-one knows who he is. Or where he's staying. But I have a theory.


You see no-one else in the village noticed when more birds appeared behind the forest. I did. I always walk about there, looking for egg shells and old nests. Gathering all the wool the sheep leave on the fences and putting it all at the bottom of the trees to help the birds out. Everyone in the village only cares about the pub and the gossip.


I never really noticed the scarecrow until it was gone. Never really paid it much mind. But now that man's appeared the scarecrow's all I can think about.


I wonder how it happened. Did he see me? Out there where no-one goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment