Saturday 19 September 2009

The forest fire flickered on the horizon...

The forest fire flickered on the horizon. Jake went inside and fetched the gasoline. "Trust me," he told me, "this is for the best."


Funnily enough I didn't trust him, but he wouldn't listen. You see Jake thought he'd found a way out. With the credit crunch our house in the country was now worth nothing.


So he came up with an idea. We fake our deaths in a house fire. Two people caught unaware in a forest fire, trapped inside the burning building, burnt to dust. Then our house and, get this, life insurance pays out to our next of kin.


We then transfer the money from Murial's account. Bless her we know all her details and she wouldn't know what had happened. But we'll leave her something behind, to help her out, make things a bit comfier for her.


Then we get fake aliases and throw it all to the wind.


Inspired, I'll give him that, but risky. But then again that's what I've always liked about Jake, his devil may care attitude. I knew he felt the same. And his silhouette in the red light, dancing the gasoline around in the night, made me smile. This was adventure like we'd always dreamed of.


No comments:

Post a Comment